Adventures in Chicken Stock

Once a month I make my favorite roast chicken recipe found on cheap healthy good. It is a lemon chicken that is so moist and delicious. It is also economical and healthy which is so important these days.

Not wanting to waste any part of this chicken, I decided to try to make chicken stock. I have never done so before but have read how much more tasty it is than the store bought stuff and did not think it would be all that difficult. I used an Alton Brown recipe found on the Food Network site. The only changes I made was not using a chicken neck because my chicken did not come with one and the lack of peppercorns because I forgot to pick some up at the store. I used ground pepper instead. The recipe makes quite a bit of stock, definitely enough to last my family a few months.

The delicious smell of the stock is still wafting through my house, almost 24 hours after it was cooked. Now I need to come up with some creative ways to use it.

0 comments: